Pages

Sunday 5 June 2011

Russell Crowe visits Durham University, England


Russell Crowe, The Oscar winner flew to England this week to share his wisdom about acting with a thrilled group of students at Durham University, England.

The 'Robin Hood' star, 47, was always in smiles while posing for photos with his new protegees. Crowe told the BBC, "We did a little vocal warm up, then I took them outside to do an exercise in leadership and using the space around you." He called Durham "gorgeous," adding, "I'll be bringing the wife back." It's really mind blowing.

He adds on Twitter after the class: "Brilliant day at Durham University. Many thanks." Calling the experience "a privilege," he added, "Great group of kids, funny, smart, brave, I really enjoyed myself." They are really good.

Crowe's visit's there for his longtime friend U.S. journalist and author Bill Bryson, who has been the school's chancellor since 2005. Fulfilling an old promise to Bryson to visit the campus as a guest mentor, Crowe went public last month with a tweet announcing his plans to teach. I will continue teaching forever.

Once he arrived, Crowe taught a class titled 'Leadership and Original Theater.' The college reportedly lacks a drama department, so a select group of students from the campus theater club were chosen to attend Crowe's lecture. The Aussie star explained his teaching approach to a local radio reporter here.

Bryson said, "It's just unbelievable. It's the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me at least since my wife married me."he included.

"I am really grateful to him and never forget this day," added Bryson. It was just fantastic and more enjoyable."

No comments:

Post a Comment