Pages

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Lady Gaga accepts Fashion Icon Awards ' 2011' CFDA


We know that Lady Gaga's fashion sense is an acquired taste. Anybody either love it or hate it.

Well, the 10th Annual Council of Fashion Designers of America Awards were held tonight in Alice Tully Hall at NYC's Lincoln Center, and it seems like they love her style And select her for her fashion.

In fact, the the annual Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) loves it so much, that they presented her with the Fashion Icon Award for 2011.

Lady Gaga, in a teal pageboy wig and Mugler ensemble, took a break from her whirlwind tour promoting her new album to drop by and collect the Fashion Icon award.

"I can't believe I'm allowed in here," Gaga said in a heartfelt acceptance speech. "My sister is here with me tonight. I told her I was very nervous."

She continued: "I used to save up my money to buy Mugler vintage archive. I used to save up all my money. I had to have it. That's really what fashion is all about for me. I already felt like I had made it before I had made it. All of you made me feel like a star before I was. Thank you for believing in me."

"Fashion made me feel like a star before I was," Gaga said during her acceptance speech. I am very much happy.

But she wasn't the only winner of the night, check out who else got acknowledged for their savvy sartorial sensibilities:
Menswear Designer of the Year: Michael Bastian

Accessory Designer of the Year: Alexander Wang

Swarovski Award for Menswear: Robert Geller

Swarovski Award for Womenswear: Prabal Gurung

Swarovski Award for Accessory Design: Eddie Borgo

International Award: Phoebe Philo

Bryce Dallas Howard: Frugal Fashionista

Womenswear Designer of the Year: Proenza Schouler

Media Award: Hilary Alexander

Founders Award: Hal Rubenstein

Fashion Icon Award: Lady Gaga

Geoffery Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Marc Jacobs

Board of Directors' Special Tribute: Arthur Elgort

No comments:

Post a Comment