Pages

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Lady Gaga: My love for my gay fans is just pure



Lady Gaga and the gay community seem to go together like PB&J, but the pop star has recently been criticized for exploiting her LGBT fans to sell records a "ridiculous" claim Gaga isn't taking lightly.


My love for my gay fans is just pure, authentic love for them as supporters of me from the beginning, and me feeling connected to their struggles as someone who is a part of their fight," Lady Gaga says in an interview with The Advocate. She also took this cover photo of herself, while in Germany on tour. She set up the tripod and sat for the shot in Cologne, Germany.



"I believe I was destined to be an artist," she explains, but she sees the role as more than just creating a piece of work or selling lots of albums.


"At the end of the day I could be rolling around in Rolls-Royces, buying mansions for myself, making records, and dancing around in my underwear. But to be honest, I'm not interested in doing that at all. I'd rather be at rallies with the fans, being a part of their voice, helping to mobilize and enforce change. If people don't believe me, they don't have to be a part of it."



Gaga, who is currently in Tawian promoting her 'Born This Way' album, also touches upon the true meaning behind the title track in the interview.



All of the drama surrounding Gaga's relationship with the gay community comes of the heels of yet another controversy this one dealing with her contribution to the Japan earthquake and tsunami relief efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment